Friday, 21 Aug 2026
  • My Feed
  • My Interests
  • My Saves
  • News
ENGLISH
IKINYARWANDA
  • Rwanda Tribune
  • Business
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Social
  • Sports
  • World
  • News
  • 🔥
  • News
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Uncategorized
  • Health
  • World
  • People
  • Business
  • Environment
  • Science & Technology
Font ResizerAa

Rwanda Tribune

  • My Saves
  • My Interests
  • My Feed
Search
  • Rwanda Tribune
  • Business
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Social
  • Sports
  • World
  • News
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2026 RWANDA TRIBUNE. KENT SHIELD. All Rights Reserved.
Rwanda Tribune > News > Security > Iran Rejects Trump’s Pressure, Insists Strait of Hormuz Will Remain Closed
SecurityNewsPolitics

Iran Rejects Trump’s Pressure, Insists Strait of Hormuz Will Remain Closed

Mwizerwa Ally
Last updated: July 12, 2026 8:51 am
Mwizerwa Ally
Share
SHARE

Iran has reaffirmed that the Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until the United States halts what Tehran describes as interference in regional affairs.

The statement was issued by Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) in response to U.S. President Donald Trump’s call for the strategic waterway to be reopened, allowing oil tankers and commercial vessels to resume unrestricted passage.

In its statement, the IRGC declared that no vessel would be permitted to transit the Strait of Hormuz as long as the United States continues what Iran considers actions that threaten its sovereignty and regional security.

“The Strait of Hormuz will remain closed until the United States ends its interference in the region. No vessel will be allowed to pass through,” the IRGC said.

The remarks come after reports of talks held in Oman, where Washington is said to have pressured Iranian representatives to announce the reopening of the vital shipping route for international maritime traffic.

Iran also warned that if another attack is carried out under the pretext of tensions in the Strait of Hormuz, it would retaliate by targeting military bases belonging to whichever country it believes is responsible.

The latest exchange follows U.S. military strikes on Iran on Wednesday and Thursday, which Washington said were conducted in response to attacks on oil tankers operating near the Strait of Hormuz.

Although Iran has denied involvement in those attacks, it had previously announced that all vessels passing through the strait must comply with regulations established by the IRGC.

The Strait of Hormuz is one of the world’s most strategically important maritime chokepoints, serving as a major route for global oil exports. A prolonged closure could severely disrupt international energy supplies, drive up oil prices, and negatively affect economies around the world.

The increasingly hostile rhetoric between Tehran and Washington has intensified concerns that tensions in the Middle East could escalate further, raising the risk of broader regional instability and security challenges.

rwandatribune.rw

Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article DRC Peace Process: Is Évariste Ndayishimiye a Credible Mediator?
Next Article Qatar Mourns the Death of Former Emir Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

SecurityNews

Baraka and Fizi: Claims and disputes over alleged control by armed groups

By
Mwizerwa Ally
SecurityNews

Colette Braeckman: Why Rwanda Should Not Ease Security Measures Along the DRC Border

By
Mwizerwa Ally
Science & TechnologyHealthNews

Bill Gates Says AI Could Transform Maternal and Child Healthcare in Africa

By
Mwizerwa Ally
PoliticsNewsSecurity

DR Congo: CENCO and ECC Begin Consultations with Political Parties on Tshisekedi’s National Dialogue Initiative

By
Mwizerwa Ally

About US


Rwanda Tribune: Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • Announcements
  • Business
  • Environment
  • Features
  • Health
  • News
  • Opinion
  • People
  • Politics
  • Science & Technology
  • Security
  • Social
  • Sports
  • World
Usefull Links
  • My Saves
  • My Interests
  • My Feed
© 2026 RWANDA TRIBUNE. KENT SHIELD. All Rights Reserved.
© 2026 RWANDA TRIBUNE. KENT SHIELD. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?